I’ve always pointed out that, despite the fact Chinese football has more than its fair share of scandals, and other unsavory goings-on, such problems are not uncommon elsewhere. The Sydney Morning Herald does a great job of putting into context just how widespread illegal sports betting is across the world, in its article A Decade of Betting Scandals.
Quite a sobering read – cricket, horse racing, snooker, ice hockey, sumo wrestling, rugby and even video gaming are just some of the sports caught up in the web of gambling sin. Seems nowhere is immune from this worldwide disease.
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on