If those involved in Chinese football were as inventive in finding and promoting skilled players as they are at finding new ways to screw over the opposition, China would be in the top 10 in the FIFA rankings. Unfortunately as we all know, that just isn’t the case…
Now the new method appears to be for the medics at the stadium to mistreat visiting team players. It might be a little too early to call this a trend, but earlier in the season a Chinese Super League medic crew in Guangzhou hammered Guoan defender Xu Yunlong on the head with the stretcher they brought onto the pitch.
While that incident can be debated, this one cannot. During a China League match in Changsha last weekend (May 8th), the medics appear to purposely drop a Tianjin Songjiang player as they carried him off the pitch. The scene is almost too crazy to believe, but check out the video below for proof. Let’s hope this will be the last such incident we see this year…
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on