Shaanxi Chanba set a new record yesterday by beating Chinese Super League pace-setters Guangzhou Hengda 12-11 on penalties after the match in Xian finished 1-1 after 90 minutes.
In an epic 13-round penalty shoot-out battle which saw both goalkeepers score form the spot, it was Shaanxi who edged it after former Shenhua striker Gao Lin fired Guangzhou’s final penalty straight against the keeper.
Bizarrely, the game was staged at 3.30pm on a Thursday afternoon. Nevertheless, Shaanxi advance to the third round on May 26 where they will face Liaoning away from home.
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on