It’s Friday, you’re waiting for the weekend to finally begin, you want to get out of the office, I do too. Therefore, I’m not going to write a long post about the possibilities of Beijing Guoan going public, that can always wait for next week when the league’s on break. Instead, I’ll post an excellent video from a few weeks back when Beijing visited Dalian.
Not all Chinese fans hate each other. In fact, many of the supporters sections maintain a healthy, friendly relationship with their counterparts around the country which help to make away trips easier (when needed, the home supporters will act as a buffer to protect the visiting ones). Getting together for a good time over food and drink with another fan club is always fun and on this drunken night in Dalian, it was especially so.
The song that is being sung is popular with supporters all over the country, a snippet of what the Dalian fans are singing on the other side of the table is:
“…金州体育场是属于蓝色的，你来我们主场得瑟干什么？” (ie Jinzhou Stadium is for the Blues, what are you doing coming to our stadium?)
The response from the Beijing fans on the same side of the table as the filmer is:
“…金州体育场是属于绿色的，我来你们主场bb怎么了？” (ie Jinzhou Stadium is for the Greens, so what, I came to your stadium?)
If you’re going to become a real supporter of a Chinese club, this is the fun you can have, drinking (a lot) and enjoying hotpot at 1:30 am in some unknown part of Dalian. Good times!
- Supporting the worst team in the league? An account of how it happened… on
- CSL travelogue: Take a look at Guiyang before they’re gone on
- Coleman to Hebei and How China Gets into the World Cup Swing: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Kitchee Defeat Tai Po Again to Win FA Cup and Clinch Domestic Treble on
- The Greatest Foreign Players in CSL History (But Not Iniesta): The Chinese Football Podcast on