It has been a very badly kept secret that the national team would be getting new kits in line with their new logo, we first showed you a picture of the potential logo in June and since then there’s been a lot of talk about this happening. Back then, we thought it was only a prototype or a rejected logo, because it differed from the CFA’s own new logo, however now we can tell you, it was indeed the right logo.
Adidas produced these markups of the kit. They seem to be a deeper red than the old kits and the hybrid, modernized Tiananmen logo is used on the jersey and shorts. The back neck of the jersey will feature the characters 中国 (“China”) written in yellow. The kits feature far more yellow than has been used in recent uniform. This is the first time in over 10 years that China’s kits won’t feature the country’s flag.
To me, the design if pretty “classic”, but also incredibly underwhelming and appears rushed. It is kind of surprising that after all the money that went into the rebranding and new logo and the strict guidelines set for that logo, the CFA has decided to dilute it by releasing uniforms with a different logo.
- Will China win the football world cup? on
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on