The first matchday is exactly a month away, but Beijing Guoan fans will gather this weekend to get pumped up for the upcoming season with the 3rd edition of the Guoan Fan’s Music Festival. It’s going to be a weird mix of music (lots of heavy metal and hip hop, two styles that really don’t go together very well) and people (the type that listen to heavy metal and hip hop, as well as the type who’d never go to a music event if not for the fact it included the Guoan name).
This year’s show is expected to be the biggest yet. Though it uses the Guoan name, it is entirely organized by the supporters and has no connection to the club. It should be a fun night with some good music, so if you’re in Beijing, make it out to Mao Livehouse on Gulou East Rd. The show is tomorrow night (Saturday, 11th) at 6 pm and tickets will be RMB 80 (or RMB 60 if you’re wearing Guoan clothing or a scarf).
- Supporting the worst team in the league? An account of how it happened… on
- CSL travelogue: Take a look at Guiyang before they’re gone on
- Coleman to Hebei and How China Gets into the World Cup Swing: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Kitchee Defeat Tai Po Again to Win FA Cup and Clinch Domestic Treble on
- The Greatest Foreign Players in CSL History (But Not Iniesta): The Chinese Football Podcast on