The first matchday is exactly a month away, but Beijing Guoan fans will gather this weekend to get pumped up for the upcoming season with the 3rd edition of the Guoan Fan’s Music Festival. It’s going to be a weird mix of music (lots of heavy metal and hip hop, two styles that really don’t go together very well) and people (the type that listen to heavy metal and hip hop, as well as the type who’d never go to a music event if not for the fact it included the Guoan name).
This year’s show is expected to be the biggest yet. Though it uses the Guoan name, it is entirely organized by the supporters and has no connection to the club. It should be a fun night with some good music, so if you’re in Beijing, make it out to Mao Livehouse on Gulou East Rd. The show is tomorrow night (Saturday, 11th) at 6 pm and tickets will be RMB 80 (or RMB 60 if you’re wearing Guoan clothing or a scarf).
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on