I had a whole match report prepared and as I went through my notes, I realized I would have to go back and watch video from the match again. As that would be like stabbing myself in the heart another five times, I’m saying screw it. If you want a match report, one that will be very unbiased and actually be coherent, go to the AFC’s website and read what they have to say.
Guoan simply didn’t show up, they left their hearts and brains back in Beijing. It’s absolutely disappointing because its a repeat of what happened a month ago in Korea. The Beijingers were missing players due to injury and cards, but that still doesn’t excuse the performance.
Some fans are calling for manager Jaime Pacheco’s bald head, but that’s just a sign of how stupid some fans can be. Other than the seemingly familial relationship Pacheco has with Zhang Xizhe (outside of them actually being related or Pacheco receiving thick red envelopes, I can’t explain how Zhang gets into the starting lineup), it’s hard to question Pacheco. The reality is that Guoan doesn’t have the players to compete with Korea and Japan, hell, no Chinese team does outside of Evergrande and that’s only because of their very expensive triumvirate of foreigners.
A depressing night indeed, I’m going to go hit the sake now…
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on