It was an exciting second round of the CFA Cup last weekend, with plenty of action across the country. While there wasn’t much in the way of upsets, the excitement is sure to continue as the CSL clubs join the fray in the 3rd round. Especially interesting will be the “Dongbei derby” between Dalian Shide and Yanbian as well as the local clash between Hangzhou Greentown and Shanghai Tellace.
All the matches in this upcoming round are to take place at the CSL club’s home stadium, so unfortunately we won’t see a bigtime club like Shandong having to travel to Dongguan to play an Yi League (third division) club. Though the CSL clubs at home setup means that Dalian’s Jinzhou Stadium (and more importantly its horrendous pitch) is going to have to take two matches in two days.
This round is set to take place on June 27th, with the Shide-Yanbian match moved up to the 26th due to multiple matches being played in Jinzhou.
The draw for the next round of the CFA Cup was released yesterday:
Henan Construction vs Chongqing Lifan
Dalian Aerbin vs Beijing Institute of Technology
Shanghai Shenxin vs Shenyang Shenbei
Guangzhou Fuli vs Hunan Billows
Hangzhou Greentown vs Shanghai Tellace
Jiangsu Sainty vs Chengdu Blades
Shandong Luneng vs Dongguan Nancheng
Shanghai Shenhua vs Shenzhen Ruby
Changchun Yatai vs Hohhot Dongjin
Qingdao Jonoon vs Guizhou Zhicheng
Dalian Shide vs Yanbian FC (6/26)
Guizhou Renhe vs Guangdong Sunray Cave
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on