With much talk that Jose Antonio Camacho’s latest squad would see Chen Zhizhao, currently playing for Brazilian club Corinthians, get a call up into the national team, we finally have a look at the full squad for China’s next Asian Cup qualifying match against Iraq. The match is to take place on March 22nd in Changsha.
Once again, the side is Evergrande heavy, with nine players coming from the league champs, including defender Zhao Peng who hasn’t really seen action this season. This time around, Jiangsu will see three players in the side, including youngsters Sun Ke and Zhou Yun. Despite Camacho watching Beijing Guoan’s opening match against Shanghai East Asia, the lineup doesn’t include a single Guoan player, nor did he choose East Asia youngster Wu Lei, who looked impressive in the match.
Guangzhou Evergrande: Sun Xiang, Zheng Zhi, Feng Xiaoting, Zhang Linpeng, Zeng Cheng, Zhao Xuri, Gao Lin, Rong Hao, Zhao Peng
Dalian Aerbin: Yu Hanchao, Chen Tao, Li Xuepeng, Lu Peng
Jiangsu Sainty: Liu Jianye, Sun Ke, Zhou Yun
Shandong Luneng: Zheng Zheng, Yang Xu, Geng Xiaofeng
Guizhou Renhe: Yu Hai
Guangzhou R&F: Xu Bo
Qingdao Jonoon: Liu Jian
Shanghai Shenhua: Wang Dalei
Corinthians: Chen Zhizao
- Coleman to Hebei and How China Gets into the World Cup Swing: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Kitchee Defeat Tai Po Again to Win FA Cup and Clinch Domestic Treble on
- The Greatest Foreign Players in CSL History (But Not Iniesta): The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Editor’s column: Bizarre tattoo ban completes shambolic Welsh night for China on
- Will China win the football world cup? on