Guangzhou Evergrande have confirmed the departure of reserve team coach Peng Weiguo and assistant Tan Ende after three years at the club.
Peng, who has been praised for his contribution to the club, has chosen to move on with the reserves having finished seventh in the recently completed reserve league.
According to a statement released by the club, Peng has departed “to look for more opportunities to develop himself”.
Reports suggest that Marcello Lippi will use the upcoming Super League break to source replacements for the duo, with Sohu speculating that he will look to Italian youth coaches to take over the club’s reserve team setup.
- Coleman to Hebei and How China Gets into the World Cup Swing: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- The Greatest Foreign Players in CSL History (But Not Iniesta): The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Editor’s column: Bizarre tattoo ban completes shambolic Welsh night for China on
- Will China win the football world cup? on
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on