Guangzhou Evergrande have confirmed the departure of reserve team coach Peng Weiguo and assistant Tan Ende after three years at the club.
Peng, who has been praised for his contribution to the club, has chosen to move on with the reserves having finished seventh in the recently completed reserve league.
According to a statement released by the club, Peng has departed “to look for more opportunities to develop himself”.
Reports suggest that Marcello Lippi will use the upcoming Super League break to source replacements for the duo, with Sohu speculating that he will look to Italian youth coaches to take over the club’s reserve team setup.
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on