The post-Camacho era is shaping up to look a lot like the Camacho era, with slightly less Guangzhou Evergrande flair involved.
The squad for the upcoming East Asian Cup tournament, to begin in two weeks in South Korea, was released last night and a number of players who were “guilty” of mistakes in the Thailand match, including Feng Xiaoting, Zhao Xuri, and Qin Sheng are left off the roster. The other player being “punished” is youngster Zhou Yun, who looked out of his league during his national team appearances.
Fu Bo, one of the assistant managers under Camacho, will take charge as the interim manager for the tournament. His 23 man roster only features a single new face, Hangzhou Greentown’s Shi Ke, though Beijing Guoan’s Zhang Xizhe is also fairly new, with only a single cap to his name. However, the lineup does feature a number of players who were stalwarts under Gao Hongbo and have been out of the national team since, including Qu Bo, Du Wei, and Yang Hao.
The full lineup is:
Guangzhou Evergrande – Zhang Linpeng, Zeng Cheng, Gao Lin, Huang Bowen, Sun Xiang, Zheng Zhi, Rong Hao
Shandong Luneng – Du Wei, Geng Xiaofeng, Yang Xu, Wang Yongpo, Cui Peng
Jiangsu Sainty – Sun Ke, Liu Jianye, Wu Xi
Beijing Guoan – Yang Zhi, Zhang Xizhe
Guizhou Renhe – Qu Bo, Yang Hao
Dalian Aerbin – Yu Dabao, Li Xuepeng
Hangzhou Greentown – Shi Ke
Shanghai East Asia – Wu Lei
- Supporting the worst team in the league? An account of how it happened… on
- CSL travelogue: Take a look at Guiyang before they’re gone on
- Coleman to Hebei and How China Gets into the World Cup Swing: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Kitchee Defeat Tai Po Again to Win FA Cup and Clinch Domestic Treble on
- The Greatest Foreign Players in CSL History (But Not Iniesta): The Chinese Football Podcast on