Follow all the latest comings and goings in Chinese football with the Wild East Football transfer tracker, where we will endeavour to keep you up to date with the latest news and speculation regarding comings and goings this winter.
Feel free to add any links to stories you have seen in the comments section below and join the debate on all the new faces that will doubtless arrive in China over the coming months, as well as those who may leave. Enjoy!
Sunday 5 January, 2014
- Jiangsu Sainty confirmed the capture of Montenegrin striker Dejan Damjanovic. More on .
- Damjanovic’s former FC Seoul teammate Ha Dae-Sung, meanwhile, has headed further north to join Beijing Guoan. More on .
- Asian champions Guangzhou Evergrande have been busy, confirming the free transfer captures of Mei Fang and Liu Jian.
- Not to be outdone, Shandong Luneng announced the arrivals of Shenhua pair Wang Dalei and Dai Lin. More on .
- Former-Shandong left-back Mirahmetjan Muzepper has joined Henan Jianye. In 2010, Muzepper became the first Uyghur to represent China at senior international level.
- He will be joined at Henan by Beijing Guoan’s Zhu Yifan, former Shandong youngster Yang Kuo and 20-year-old Guangdong Sunray Cave goalkeeper Luo Zuqing.
- Midfielder Wang Jiayu has rejoined former club Shanghai East Asia, with Sun Kai, Zhang Wentao and Wu Yizhen heading in the opposite direction to Shanghai Shenxin.
- Zhang Yonghai, Mao Jianqing (both Guoan), Wang Shouting and Wang Chanqing (both Shenhua) will all represent Beijing Baxy in 2014.
- Goalkeeper Shen Jun has joined Shenhua from Guizhou to replace the departing Wang Dalei.
- Sweden international forward Tobias Hysen has joined Shanghai East Asia, who have also announced the renewals of Ransford Addo and Iban Cuadrado. Former Shenhua goalkeeping coach Ian Walker also joins the club.
- Guoan have confirmed their first arrival of the winter in the shape of Dalian Aerbin full-back Zhao Hejing.
- Former Evergrande defender Paulao has left the club on a permanent basis, signing a three-year contract with Brazilian side Internacional.
- Girondins Bordeaux have confirmed that Aerbin forward Guillaume Hoarau is set to return to France and will sign for the club shortly.
- The agent of FC Tokyo’s Korean defender Jang Hyun-Soo has told reporters he will join Guangzhou R&F in the near future.
- Shenhua’s misery continues with winger Song Boxuan linked to both Guoan and R&F. Any offer of RMB 25 million will be accepted.
- Brazil international Leandro is said to have received an offer from a Chinese club. Realistically, the club is only likely to be Evergrande or Luneng.
- Shandong are said to have sealed the RMB 20 million capture of Changchun Yatai top-scorer Zhang Wenzhao. The club, though, have rejected suggestions they are chasing Dalian Aerbin’s Yu Dabao.
- Reports in Brazil have linked Botafogo forward Elias with a move to China. Weibo sleuths believe the interested club to be Jianye.
- Sao Paulo forward Aloisio is said to have undertaken a medical with Luneng and should officially join the Jinan side shortly.
- Muriqui has confirmed he will be returning to Guangzhou Evergrande on the agreed date, ending reports that he will be heading to the Middle East.
- Romanian website ‘Fanatik’ suggests that Luneng have made an offer for Steaua Bucharest captain Alexandru Bourceanu.
- More FC Seoul players are linked with China, with both Mauricio Molina and Sergio Escudero tipped to be the focus of Chinese attention. Jiangsu have been linked with both players.
- Jeonbuk Hyundai forward Kevin Oris is tipped to shortly complete a move to Shanghai East Asia, with a two-year contract offered.
Monday 23 December, 2013
- Beijing Guoan parted company with Serbian manager Aleksander Stanojevic, more info can be found on .
- Shandong Luneng announce Atletico Mineiro manager Cuca as their new manager, with the coach to join his new side early in January.
- Shanghai East Asia’s Australian forward Bernie Ibini-Isei has been loaned to former side Central Coast Mariners until 31 May 2013.
- Zhou Haibin has made his loan move to Tianjin TEDA permanent, but Yuan Weiwei will remain with Shandong after failing to reach an agreement.
- China internationals Zheng Zheng and Hao Junmin have signed new contracts at Shandong Luneng.
- Liaoning have signed former Jiangsu forward Aleksander Jevtic on a free transfer.
- Liu Bin joins Shanghai Shenhua from Hangzhou and is joined by the former Shenzhen duo of Luo Xi and Chen Poliang.
- Doubts remain over whether Tianjin TEDA will retain Australian midfielder Erik Paartalu for the 2014 season.
- Swedish international striker Tobias Hysen is a major target for Shanghai East Asia.
- According to reports in the Middle East, Guangzhou Evergrande’s Muriqui is the subject of a transfer bid from Al-Sadd. Muriqui is quoted as saying he “doesn’t know” if he will return to Evergrande by the Brazilian media.
- Evergrande are, though, close to securing a four-year deal for defensive midfielder Rene Junior, per multiple reports. Brazilian media say he has already passed a medical.
- Incoming Shandong manager Cuca has said he will bring two Atletico Mineiro players with him to Shandong, believed to be Pierre and Luan. However, reports also strongly link the club with Santos’ top-scoring midfielder Cicero, Sao Paulo wide forward Aloisio and, more tentatively, Portuguesa forward Moises.
- Multiple CSL clubs have made attempts to sign Dejan Damjanovic from FC Seoul, including Jiangsu Sainty. No offer has met the club’s asking price.
- Beijing Guoan, meanwhile, were linked with a bid for Seoul’s influential captain Ha Dae-Sung. Later rumours also linked Guoan with veteran No. 10 Clarence Seedorf once again. Carlton Cole and Alberto Gilardino have also been mentioned in connection with Guoan.
- Sven Goran Eriksson’s Guangzhou Fuli side have been linked with China internationals Liu Jian, Yu Dabao and Wang Xiaolong. Korean defender Jang Hyun-Soo is another said to be close to the Yuexiushan side.
Wednesday 9 December, 2013
- Ma Lin, former longtime manager of Liaoning Whowin, has travelled across Liaoning province to take over duties at Dalian Aerbin.
- Yiteng, after much speculation, has declared that it will remain in Harbin, meaning that city will have its first ever top flight team and be the northernmost CSL club ever.
- With Ma departing, Liaoning was in need of a manager and decided to pick former dongbei footballer and Hangzhou assistant manager, Gao Sheng as their new manager.
- The two Shanghai clubs that are definitely remaining in that city both have new managers, Shanghai Shenxin continuing their tradition of local Shanghainese management, appointing Cheng Yaodong to the position. Meanwhile, crosstown rivals Shanghai East Asia keep up “talent sharing” with Shanghai Shenhua, choosing Xi Zhikang to be their next manager.
- Longtime Shandong midfield rock Roda Antar has left the Jinan based club to join Jiangsu Sainty for the 2014 season.
Wednesday 13 November, 2013
- Qingdao striker Bruno Meneghel has joined Dalian Aerbin on a two-year contract, as reported by .
- Shanghai East Asia have parted ways with defender Iban Cuadrado, per ‘s Petey Davis.
- Gao Hongbo has been confirmed as new Jiangsu Sainty boss, leaving Shanghai East Asia. Of the club’s foreign players, only Elielson will be retained with Cristian Danalache, Kamoliddin Tajiev and Aleksander Jevtic all set to depart.
- Celtic have confirmed their interest in Beijing Guoan’s Zhang Xizhe and will look into a move next year, presumably in January, per STV.
- Shenzhen Ruby have appointed former national team striker Li Yi as manager.
- Guangzhou Evergrande players Zheng Zhi, Gao Lin, Feng Xiaoting and Zhang Linpeng have all extended their contracts which were set to expire this year.
- Peruvian striker Irven Avila has confirmed that he received an approach from a club in China, per Depor.pe. However, it is not made clear when the offer was made.
- Peninsular Morning Post, per Sohu, report that Dalian Aerbin may have secured the signing of virtually ever-present Tianjin TEDA right-back Bai Yuefeng. However, Zhao Heqing, Sun Bo, Chen Lei and Liu Yu’s futures will depend on possible signings.
- Sohu report that Roda Antar and Gilberto Macena could be on their way out at Shandong, with rumours of big spending at the club next season.
- Interim China coach Fu Bo is being linked with the head coach job at Liaoning Whowin, per Sohu.
- Following coach Takeshi Okada’s departure, four foreign players are set to depart. While Davy Angan will stay, Masashi Oguro, Kim Dongjin, Mazola and Luka Zinko.
- Gao Hongbo would like to bring Qingdao national team midfielder Liu Jian to Jiangsu,
- Beijing Guoan goalkeeper Yang Zhi is out of contract and has three or four offers, but will give preference to Guoan in any discussions. Internet rumours also link Wang Xiaolong with a move to Jiangsu.
- Despite interest from Beijing and Tianjin, Liaoning striker Edu is said to be unhappy with life in China and keen on a move to the J-League.
- UOL report that Corinthians manager Tite has received an offer from a CSL club.
- Liaoning and China centre-back Yang Shanping is a target for Dalian Aerbin as their renovation continues. Former coach Ma Lin may well join him there as Aerbin manager.
Wednesday 6 November, 2013
- Hangzhou Greentown have parted company with Takeshi Okada after two years at the club, with youth team manager Yang Ji potentially taking over the reigns.
- Jiangsu Sainty coach Dragan Okuka is another relatively long-serving CSL coach to depart, with no replacement yet announced.
- Shenzhen Ruby have parted company with Philippe Troussier after the Frenchman’s troubled time with the Guangdong club.
- Shandong Luneng have allowed Zhou Haibin, Leonardo Pisculichi and Mirahmetjan Muzepper to depart Jinan in search of new employment. Chunky midfielder Cui Peng will spend the off-season at a military camp and faces release if he returns overweight.
- Ryan Griffiths will leave China League One side Beijing Baxy and head to Malaysian football with Sarawak FC, per Goal/Petey Davis.
- Eddie Bosnar will leave Guangzhou R&F at the end of his contract in December and likely return to Australian football, per SBS/Scott McIntyre. Fellow Australian Rostyn Griffiths is also now out of contract at Guangzhou R&F.
- Fabio Rochemback has left Dalian Aerbin after two seasons, while Lee Addy could return after his loan spell away from the club.
- Departures of Honduran Carlo Costly, Canadian Mason Trafford, Bosnian Ivan Bozic, Kiwi Chris Killen, South Korean Kim Tae-Min and Brazilian Nei have all have had to leave their respective clubs due to relegation from China League One.
- SPL giants Celtic are interested in signing Beijing Guoan attacking midfielder Zhang Xizhe, according to a prominent Xinhua news agency journalist. (ESPN/Christopher Atkins)
- Shandong Luneng look like they may be letting go of former Chinese international Hao Junmin when the transfer window opens, no word yet on where he may be headed.
- Yu Dabao’s previous deal to Guangzhou Evergrande fell through, in part because of his parents, but it seems Dalian will be willing to part with the young attacker, maybe it will be second time lucky for the Guangzhou side.
- Guangzhou Evergrande will shortly sign Santos defensive midfielder Rene Junior, according to Sky Sports Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio. Story.
- Ponte Preta striker William is considering three offers from China and will likely play in the CSL next season. William is the second top-scorer in Brazil this league season. (Hupu/Christopher Atkins)
- Brazilian media outlet Rede Bom Dia say Luis Fabiano has a multi-million Reais offer to come to China in 2014. Sohu suggest the offer is from Shandong Luneng. (Hupu)
- Wuhan Zall right-back and former captain Mei Fang has suggested via his Weibo that he has played his final game for the relegated side.
- Liaoning midfielder Jin Taiyan is reportedly set to rejoin former Yanbian teammate Piao Cheng at Beijing Guoan, although Netease report the player as saying he is “unaware” of a bid.
- If Jin doesn’t fancy a move south, Beijing is also taking a long look at Changchun’s Zhang Wenzhao and Qingdao’s Liu Jian.
- Another Qingdao player whose been involved in transfer talks is Bruno Meneghal, who appears close to signing with Dalian Aerbin.
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Big match preview: Shanghai SIPG v Tianjin Quanjian – watch on the official CSL stream on
- Big match preview: Shanghai SIPG v Tianjin Quanjian – watch on the official CSL stream on