HONG KONG FIRST DIVISION
South China 2 (Tse 5, Kajkut 80)
Sun Pegasus 2 (Rascic 6, Randelovic 90+6)
In the much anticipated rematch of the Canbo Senior Shield final, Sun Pegasus battled back to hold South China to a 2-2 draw for an equal share of the points. The game was held at Hong Kong Stadium and was watched by a disappointingly sparse crowd of 1,632.
Sean Ka Keung Tse put South China into an early lead in the 5th minute but this drew an immediate reaction from Sun Pegasus with Admir Rascic latching onto a long ball and poking the ball past Hung Fai Yapp, the South China keeper. With 6 minutes on the clock, the crowd had seen two goals fly in. The rest of the game was edgy and tense with neither team being able to place the finishing touches to some good build up play. The game burst into life again when South China were awarded a dubious penalty which was converted by Sasa Kajkut in the 80 minute.
South China seemed to be heading to victory until deep into injury time when Aleksandar Randelovic pulled back a last ditch equalizer. The goal sent both the Sun Pegasus players and fans into a frenzy and the points were shared. The draw leaves South China on 22 points and still trailing Kitchee while Sun Pegasus are a distant third on 14 points.
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on