China women’s national team reached the semifinal of the 2014 Asian Cup on Saturday evening with a 3-0 win over Myanmar that also assures the Steel Roses of a place at next year’s World Cup.
AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2014
Coach Hao Wei made changes to the side that overcame Thailand so easily on matchday one and the result was a far from smooth performance.
Goals from Ren Guixin, Ma Xiaoxu and tournament top-scorer Yang Li eventually sealed a comfortable success for the Chinese side.
Hao has promised to make multiple changes for the final group fixture with South Korea on Monday evening in order to give unused squad members a chance to impress.
The game will be shown live on CCTV5 at 20.15 Beijing time.
- Supporting the worst team in the league? An account of how it happened… on
- CSL travelogue: Take a look at Guiyang before they’re gone on
- Coleman to Hebei and How China Gets into the World Cup Swing: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Kitchee Defeat Tai Po Again to Win FA Cup and Clinch Domestic Treble on
- The Greatest Foreign Players in CSL History (But Not Iniesta): The Chinese Football Podcast on