China women’s national team reached the semifinal of the 2014 Asian Cup on Saturday evening with a 3-0 win over Myanmar that also assures the Steel Roses of a place at next year’s World Cup.
AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2014
Coach Hao Wei made changes to the side that overcame Thailand so easily on matchday one and the result was a far from smooth performance.
Goals from Ren Guixin, Ma Xiaoxu and tournament top-scorer Yang Li eventually sealed a comfortable success for the Chinese side.
Hao has promised to make multiple changes for the final group fixture with South Korea on Monday evening in order to give unused squad members a chance to impress.
The game will be shown live on CCTV5 at 20.15 Beijing time.
- Will China win the football world cup? on
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on