Changchun Yatai appear to have their designated foreign players set for the 2015 season with Hernan Barcos expected to join the team after leaving Brazilian side Gremio.
Barcos is perhaps best known for his single-season CSL loan spell in 2009, first with Shanghai Shenhua and later Shenzhen Ruby, where he scored 17 goals and was the joint Golden Boot winner for that season.
After his successful spell in China, Barcos moved to South America. He played for Ecuadorian side LDU Quito from 2010 to 2011 and amassed an impressive 38 goals in 64 league appearances for the team.
His success in Ecuador saw him move to Brazilian side Palmeiras, where he played 29 league games and scored 14 league goals until he moved to rivals Gremio.
Barcos played another 69 league games for Gremio, scoring 23 goals and helping lead the team to a 2nd place finish in the 2014 league season.
The striker has had a respectable career to date, making 4 international appearances for his native Argentina and can be considered one of the more notable foreign signings in the CSL this season and could help Changchun fight for a top-half finish in 2015.
New Changchun manager Gao Jinggang appears to be building a strong squad for the season ahead and may look to make one or two more domestic signings to truly solidify an impressive offseason for the North-East club.
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on