Despite some new additions and returns to his 45 man roster, most notably Zhang Xizhe, Alain Perrin has stuck to his guns for the 23 man roster that will take on Hong Kong and Maldives next month.
The roster remains heavily Guangzhou Evergrande players, with eight coming from that side, including the return of Zheng Long to the national team. The only new addition is Henan Jianye’s Bi Jinhao, the 24 year old is having a solid season, scoring four goals so far and is now getting his first shot at appearing for the national team.
Despite Guangzhou R&F’s struggles to stay up, defenders Jiang Zhipeng and Yu Yang are included in Perrin’s setup over Beijing Guoan’s Lei Tenglong, who was a key defender in the East Asian Cup.
The full roster for the upcoming matches is as follows:
Guangzhou Evergrande: Zheng Zhi, Zeng Cheng, Yu Hanchao, Zhang Linpeng, Mei Fang, Gao Lin, Zou Zheng, Zheng Long
Jiangsu Sainty: Ren Hang, Wu Xi, Sun Ke, Liu Jianye
Shanghai SIPG: Wu Lei, Cai Huiken, Yan Junhou
Shandong Luneng: Yang Xu, Wang Yongpo, Wang Dalei
Guangzhou R&F: Yu Yang, Jiang Zhipeng
Henan Jianye: Bi Jinhao
Beijing Guoan: Yu Dabao
Rayo Vallecano: Zhang Chengdong
- Advantage Shenhua But A Long Way To Go In Second Leg: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Cannavaro Walks Away Proud As Quanjian Crowned Best-of-the-Rest: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- AVB Rants as SIPG Win Big: The Chinese Football Podcast on
- SIPG’s Guangzhou Evergrande smackdown, & AVB’s censoring interpreter – The Chinese Football Podcast on
- Gurning physios, the SIPG towel incident and cup frolics: The Chinese Football Podcast on