Donald began following Guangzhou R&F having moved to China in the same year that R&F moved to Guangzhou. The club's first foreign season ticket holder, Donald was able to watch three seasons at Yuexiushan before returning to the UK.
Posts by Donald Ross:
- “China flexes her football muscles” – in 1979 – against Celtic, Chelsea, WBA and Middlesbrough
- China’s historic 1977 tour to the USA remembered
- Malawi’s national stadium to be opened by … Guangzhou R&F
- Ross: Playing football in China isn’t as easy as some think
- A trumpet-playing panda and half-time ice cream: West Brom’s 1978 tour of China